Who doesn’t want to lose weight, raise your hand? Apparently, saying no to food is much harder than just reaching for that slice of cake or donut. Because of this, the World Health Organization reported that more 1.9 billion adults were overweight, with 600 million of them considered as obese.
Here’s the good news: you can do something about it. If Jennifer Hudson and other celebrities can do it, so can you. All it takes are discipline, willingness, and these 16 simple home remedies to get your desired weight and a healthy body.
Check out these simple tips to lose that belly fat – the healthier way:
1. The Hot Water Remedy: A Simple and Effective Way for You to Lose Weight
After a tiring activity, the first thing you always look for is a glass of ice-cold water. It quenches your thirst and gives your body a cooler temperature. In case you are looking for the easiest weight loss solution, then you might want to forego a few glasses of cold water in exchange for a hot one.
- It improves blood circulation, which makes it easier for your body to flush toxins and unwanted substances in your body.
- It boosts your metabolism by increasing your core body temperature.
- It is an effective remedy against constipation.
Find out how you can make hot water remedy work for you:
- Drink hot water 30 minutes before and after meals.
- Finish a cup of hot water within 10 minutes to ensure best results.
- The hot water must have a lower temperature compared to your body.
- Stick to a maximum of five cups of hot water every day.
2. You Can Never Go Wrong with Lemon and Water Against Belly Fat
On the list of natural remedies and weight loss solutions, it is hard not to allot a space for lemon water. The reason is simple: lemon water is among the best and most effective ways to lose belly fat.
This is because lemon water increases enzymes, which detoxifies your liver and makes it easier for this organ to function properly. This removes the toxins and other unwanted ingredients, which could slow down your metabolism. At the same time, lemon water aids in digestion and helps your body get the essential nutrients required in order to burn fat.
The best part: lemon water is easily accessible and readily available. All you need is a cup of warm water and squeezed lemon juice, and you are good to go. Do this every morning and don’t eat or drink for at least 30 minutes after drinking lemon water.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: Reasons Diet Specialists Recommend This Tool for Weight Loss
The word, “vinegar” may make you cringe and throw up. Not when apple cider vinegar, or ACV, is involved.
Aside from cooking purposes, apple cider vinegar is one of the oldest, but most effective home remedies to reduce excess weight. This is because it lowers blood sugar and insulin levels. A study also showed that intake of ACV increases your feeling of fullness and makes you eat up to 275 fewer calories for the rest of the day.
What does this mean? This means reduced caloric intake leads to reduced weight.
If you are still not convinced, then there was a study conducted among obese individuals showing that daily vinegar consumption led to reduced waist circumference, belly fat and blood triglycerides.
The procedure is simple. Mix two tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it every morning. You can also add a teaspoon of lemon juice to minimize the sour taste of vinegar. You will notice an improvement in your belly weight in just a few weeks.
4. Green Tea: An Ancient Weight Loss Remedy That Won’t Let You Down
Aside from lemon water, green tea will always deserve a spot on the list when it comes to natural weight loss solutions. In fact, a list of weight loss solutions will never be complete without this flavored hot water.
Here’s the deal with green tea: it is among the healthiest beverages on the planet, because it’s loaded with antioxidants beneficial for your health. It contains caffeine, a known stimulant that aids in fat burning and energy expenditure.
However, the star of the show is green tea’s epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG. It is a type of antioxidant that can do the following:
- Boost your metabolism.
- Break down fat burning hormones, such as norepinephrine.
- Limit fat absorption.
- Increase your body’s ability to use fat into energy
Green tea is readily available in supermarkets and health food stores. Start your day with a cup of green tea. Three to four cups a day are enough to help combat obesity.
5. Chia Seeds: The Superfood Your Body Should Not Live Without
The phrase, “small but mighty” surely applies to chia seeds. If you are looking for something that is not too heavy on your belly, but ensures that your body gets enough nutrients, then chia seeds are the answer.
Here’s what makes chia seeds so special:
- Chia seeds contain massive amounts of nutrients, such as protein, omega-3s, magnesium and protein with a low amount of calories.
- Chia seeds are rich in fiber, which expands in your stomach. This increases fullness, slows down your food absorption, and helps you eat fewer calories.
- Chia seeds are excellent sources of protein, thereby reducing your appetite and subsequently, your food intake.
More importantly, chia seeds are easy to incorporate into your diet. You can add them in almost anything – baked goods, porridge, pudding, cereal, yogurt, salads, rice dishes, smoothies and juice, among others. The next time you visit a natural food store, make sure to get your chia seed supply to encourage healthy weight loss. As more people use chia seeds, they will become available in supermarkets and grocery stores, as well.
Keep on reading to learn more about the simple home remedies that could help you lose a few pounds.
6. Drink a Cup of Ginger Tea a Day to Shoo Your Extra Weight Away
Ginger is another common ingredient you can find in many households. Aside from adding flavor to your dishes, ginger is also known to help throat and voice problems.
Did you know that ginger tea could also help in case you want to reduce your weight?
Believe it or not, ginger is a natural way to curb your appetite. It is a natural digestive aid and food suppressant wherein it stimulates a slow pace from the gastrointestinal tract. It is also thermogenic, which means it increases your body temperature in order to facilitate fat burning effectively.
The good thing about ginger is that it is also readily available in supermarkets or grocery stores. To make your own ginger tea, you will need:
- Four Cups Water
- Sliced Ginger
- One Lemon
- One Tablespoon Honey
To do this:
- Boil water, and then add ginger.
- Allow it to simmer for five to 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the stovetop.
- Add lemon and honey to the mixture.
- Mix well and enjoy.
In relation to ginger, check out the next entry on how to lose weight using ingredients you can easily find at home.
7. Honey and Ginger: A Lethal Combination to Combat Your Excess Weight
Raw honey is one of the best ingredients you can feed your body. This is why many homemade remedies include honey in the list of ingredients. When it comes to weight loss, here are reasons why you should include honey in your ginger tea:
- Honey is high in fructose, which fuels your liver to produce glucose.
- The glucose from the liver signals the release of fat burning hormones to burn excess fat from your body.
- Honey contains essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients such as folate, riboflavin, niacin, and vitamins B6 and C.
When combined with ginger, you are sure to experiences some weight loss benefits. Here’s how you can make your own ginger and honey juice:
- Extract two tablespoons of ginger.
- Add three tablespoons of honey, preferably raw, unsweetened honey.
- Mix well.
Drink this two times a day and you will notice changes in your body weight in no time.
8. Green Tea and Ginger: Another Lethal Combination to Combat Your Fat
You already know that green tea and ginger are great weight loss tools on their own, but what about if you combine them? Green tea speeds up your metabolism and contains sufficient amount of antioxidants to boost your immune system. On the other hand, ginger improves your digestion and a great addition to keep your weight to its minimum.
The question now is how do you combine these two? Here’s how:
- Boil one-half inch of fresh ginger root and one teaspoon of green tea in eight ounces of water for three to four minutes.
- Add a teaspoon or two of raw honey if you want to keep it sweet.
- Drink one to two cups daily on an empty stomach.
Ginger is an easy but great ingredient to add to almost anything to help you lose weight. However, your homemade weight loss remedies are not limited to just ginger. Keep on reading to know more about the other simple things you can do to say goodbye to extra weight.
9. Lose Weight a la Regina George with Cranberry Juice
Can you remember that scene in Mean Girls where Regina George, played by Rachel McAdams, was drinking cranberry juice because she wanted to lose weight? This is because cranberry juice is among the home remedies that promises to get rid of excess weight.
According to a study presented at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress 2004, participants who included cranberry juice in their daily diets reported a significant decrease in body mass index and body weight. Still, some experts are unsure and recommend further studies to ensure whether cranberry juice could help you lose weight.
Still, it is worth noting that cranberry juice contains antioxidants, which could help combat infections and diseases. Cranberry juice is also effective in preventing urinary tract infections and treating ulcers.
Before heading out, mix two tablespoons of cranberry juice and water and drink it anytime of the day. You can also check out the other homemade solutions to encourage healthy weight loss below.
10. Make Weight Loss a Flavorful Experience with Cinnamon
You may often use cinnamon for French toast or pancakes. Apparently, cinnamon is more than just a twist to your ordinary breakfast.
Here’s another way to use cinnamon: as your weight loss best friend. This is because cinnamon:
- Controls your insulin levels.
- Decreases your body’s glucose or blood sugar.
- Speeds your body’s metabolism
- Burns excess belly fat.
- Lowers LDL or bad cholesterol.
- Suppresses your appetite by slowly moving food into your stomach.
The good news about cinnamon is that it is easy for you to incorporate in your daily diet. You can try the following:
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of ground cinnamon on your oatmeal or breakfast cereal.
- Add in waffles or pancake batter.
- Mix it with butter, cheese spread, or yogurt to enhance flavor.
- Add in your favorite smoothie, fruit juices, or protein shake.
You can also make your own cinnamon tea, which aids in weight loss. To do this:
- Boil one teaspoon of ground cinnamon and one cinnamon stick with eight ounces of water.
- Let it steep for 15 minutes.
Drink cinnamon tea one to two times a day to aid you in your weight loss goals, or you can try the next recipe for surefire weight loss benefits.
11. Say Goodbye to Your Extra Weight with Honey and Cinnamon Tea
Cinnamon and honey come with tons of health and weight loss benefits. Aside from the taste, honey has a healthy glycemic index, which means your body doesn’t absorb the sugar all at once.
On the other hand, cinnamon improves insulin function, boosts your metabolism, and detoxifies your body – all main ingredients in the weight loss equation. This explains why honey and cinnamon are also among the best combinations to rid you of that excess weight.
The procedure is simple, too. Simply boil one tablespoon each of raw honey and ground cinnamon in one cup of water. Then, remove it from the stove, let it cool, then drink. You can also add more honey for added sweetness.
Don’t forget to drink this mixture everyday.
12. Fight Stress and Weight Gain with Sage Tea as Your Drink of Choice
Sage is one of the many ancient herbs used for medicinal, fertility and culinary purposes. Fast forward today, sage is still a favorite in the kitchen because of its sweet savory flavor that adds more spice to your dishes.
However, that is not just the reason why sage is part of the list. Believe it or not, this amazing herb is one of the best natural remedies for weight loss, and here’s why.
When you are under stressful situations, your body releases cortisol, which affects blood sugar and appetite. This could mess up your entire system, cause you to eat more to find comfort, which eventually leads to more fat storage and weight gain. Aside from cortisol, stress activates neuropeptide Y, a type of neurochemical that leads to the growth of fat tissue.
How is sage related to stress?
A cup of sage tea could fight the negative effects of stress and prevent cortisol, neuropeptide Y, and other unwanted chemicals from ruining your system. It also helps soothe and calm your mind and body.
You can make your own tea by boiling eight ounces of water and two teaspoons of dried sage, which you can get in health food stores and supermarkets. Drink sage tea one to two times a day.
13. More Than Just a Spice: Cayenne Pepper Converts Your Naughty Weight to Nice
If you want to add more spice and flavor to your dishes, then cayenne pepper is among the serious contenders. Aside from earning its spot in your kitchen cabinet, cayenne pepper is among the most effective natural remedies to lower your weight.
This is because cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, a substance that stimulates your body to burn fat and increases your energy expenditure. This substance also stimulates digestion and suppresses your appetite to curb your food cravings. At the same time, cayenne pepper cleanses your body against unwanted substances to minimize non-absorption of nutrients in your body.
Here are several ways on how you can enjoy cayenne pepper’s weight loss benefits:
- Pour cayenne pepper, maximum of one teaspoon, in a glass of hot water. Squeeze the one-half of lemon juice and mix.
- In 10 ounces of water, mix two tablespoons each of lemon juice and maple syrup. Add a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper in your favorite dishes for an added twist.
14. Lemon, Honey and Black Pepper: Big Benefits for Your Weight Loss Efforts
Are you looking for a simple remedy with readily available ingredients that encourages weight loss? All you need is to look in your kitchen for lemon, honey and black pepper.
This combination is among the most functional Indian home remedies against excess weight. Lemons are excellent sources of pectin fiber, which keeps you satiated for a longer time while maintaining the right pH level to prevent storage of fat. Black pepper has piperine, a substance that prevents formation of new fat cells and reduces fat lenses in your bloodstream. You also know that honey could make your life sweeter, sans the extra calories.
Are you curious as to how to combine these three simple but effective ingredients? Here’s how.
- Fill a glass with lukewarm water.
- Add a teaspoon each of raw honey and black pepper.
- Pour four tablespoons of lemon juice on the mixture and mix well.
- Drink every morning.
This simple recipe contains ingredients most people can find at home.
15. Dandelion: Another Weight Loss Option to Get Rid of Your Excess Fat
You might think that dandelion is just a flower or weed. Apparently, it could offer tons of benefits, including getting your ideal weight back.
What’s the real deal with dandelion and why is it part of the list?
One of the reasons why some people use dandelion is because of its diuretic effects. This could be beneficial if you are retaining water and you want to minimize bloating. A study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine revealed that dandelion extract could increase urination, hence a decrease in body fluid and water weight.
It is best to drink a cup of dandelion tea before meals to enjoy its fat and cholesterol breakdown benefits. At the same time, it will stimulate gastric secretions and help in the digestion of food.
Make sure to drink water in between your dandelion tea intake to minimize the possibility of dehydration.
16. Say Goodbye to Excess Belly Fat With Peppermint Tea
Lemon water and green tea are among the most common ingredients against weight loss. If you want to add more flavor to your weight loss routine, then you should consider this peppermint tea remedy.
- Peppermint stimulates flow of digestive juices and relaxes your digestive system’s muscles.
- Peppermint improves and speed up digestion to help burn more calories.
- Peppermint helps suppress food cravings and controls your appetite.
You can buy peppermint tea online or get your supply from natural food stores. You can also make your own peppermint tea by following these instructions:
- In a cup of boiling water, place four to five washed mint leaves.
- Cover and let it stand for five to 10 minutes.
- Add a bit of raw honey for sweetness.
The best part is peppermint tea smells wonderful, too.
There are many simple things to help you lose weight without you having to resort to expensive treatments. However, keep this in mind: These 16 homemade remedies will surely help you shed unwanted pounds. While these tricks work, make sure to combine them with regular exercise and a healthy diet, and you will see an improvement in your weight in no time.