A survey revealed that almost half of pre-menopausal women experienced lower sex drive at some point in their lives, a condition called hypoactive sexual desire disorder, or HSDD. The surprising part was only 14 percent of women knew that HSDD was a medical condition.
If your partner is often not in the mood to have sex, then she might have HSDD too, and she needs your help.
Don’t worry. You can do something about low sex drive in women. First, read through this post to better understand what this condition is all about and find out various techniques to address low libido in women.
1. Understanding Female Sexual Desire and Things You Should Know About It
Here is something you should know about the female sex drive: it’s not as simple as it seems. It will take more than just abs and a combination of several factors, such as their emotional and mental state to turn her on.
Men, on the other hand, are easier and more predictable inside the bedroom. Admit it. Seeing a woman in her little black dress with a bit of cleaving peeping through it could get you in the mood.
So, how does women’s sexual desire work? According to Masters and Johnson, women go through four phases during sexual activity:
- Excitement – This is also known as the arousal phase. It is triggered by erotic stimulus such as kissing, necking in order to prepare your body for sex. Heart rate increases while your man down there starts to stand up and be proud. For women, this is the stage where vagina lubrication happens.
- Plateau – The female body starts to prepare for orgasm at this stage. Her clitoris becomes sensitive and certain parts of her vagina start to swell.
- Orgasmic – This phase is characterized by involuntary contractions in her pelvic muscles followed by muscular spasms and pressure in other parts of her body.
- Resolution – At this stage, your partner starts to calm down sexually. If you want her to experience more orgasm, then make sure to continuously sexually stimulate her.
Unfortunately, it’s not as easy as it seems. Many women are unable to orgasm easily or experience loss of sex drive. Read the succeeding sections to learn more about this condition.
2. Getting Up Close and Personal with Low Sexual Desire in Women
There is an alarming number of women who have no libido for variety of reasons. The question now is what exactly is this condition?
Female sexual disorder is a silent yet growing epidemic among women. It is characterized by reduced to no sex drive as a result of various factors, which you will learn more about below.
Keep in mind that a woman’s sex drive naturally fluctuates over time due to many factors. If there is a recurring or persisting lack of sexual desire and it is starting to take over the relationship, then it could be hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
Don’t worry. There are ways you can do to help your partner get back on the sexual track.
3. Get to Know the Warning Signs of Low Sex Drive in Women
The next question is this: how will you know if your partner is experiencing low sexual libido? Every woman may be different, but here are some of the most common symptoms:
- No interest in any type of sexual activity, which also includes self-stimulation.
- Lack of sexual thoughts or fantasies.
- When she starts to get bothered by her lack of sexual fantasies or activities.
Should you seek professional help? It depends. There are certain factors that can be overcome by lifestyle changes. In case you are unsure as to what is causing lack of libido in women, read the succeeding sections to find out the possible culprits.
4. The Culprits: Physical Factors You Can Blame for Your Partner’s Loss of Sex Drive
A woman’s sex drive is complicated, which means determining the factors for lack of sex drive in women can also be complicated. To add to that complication, below are some of the possible physical reasons for loss of female libido:
- Sexual problems, such as lack of vaginal lubrication, inability to orgasm, and pain during sex.
- Medical conditions, like high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, and neurological diseases.
- Surgery related to breasts or genital tract.
- Prescription medications, such as antidepressants and anti-seizure medications.
- Poor lifestyle habits.
Apart from the physical causes, check out the next section for possible culprit on why your partner has no sex drive.
5. Blame It on the Hormones: Why Your Ladylove Has No Sex Drive
Here’s another thing you should know about a woman’s sex drive: hormones play an important role on it. This means anything that disrupts a woman’s hormonal balance could affect her libido in a bad way.
Below are the common instances for hormonal imbalance:
- Low testosterone levels
A well-balanced hormone levels could help your partner get her libido back. In case it didn’t work, then the next section could the culprit.
6. Psychological Reasons Why She’s Not that Into You – in Bed
Yes, her psychological state is crucial in a woman’s sex drive. In case it’s not a hormonal or physical issue, you might want to look into her mental state too and check how she is doing.
Below are the most common psychological causes that lead to low libido in women:
- Mental health issues like anxiety or depression
- Poor body image
- Low self-esteem
- Anything related to stress
- History of physical or sexual abuse
- Past negative sexual experiences
- Relationship issues, which includes unresolved issues, poor communication, and history of infidelity
As alarming as it sounds, this doesn’t mean there is nothing you can do about it. Now that you know the basics, it’s time to get to know the various techniques available to help your woman address reduced sex drive and get her back on track, starting with these lifestyle and home remedies.
7. The Cardinal Rule in Female Sex Drive: Less Stress Leads to Better Sex
You know that stress is among the factors that affect a woman’s libido. It doesn’t matter where stress emanates. The bottom line is stress leads to lower sex drive and you need to do something about it.
Here are tips on how to address stress:
- Help her identify her most common stressors.
- Encourage her to take a break.
- Invite her to a day of play like baby-sitting your nephews and nieces, playing with kids, or doing childhood activities.
- Treat her to her happy place like an ice cream store or bookstore.
Once you are able to help her reduce stress, her sex drive could slowly go back. This also leads you to the next tip.
8. The Benefits of Communication to Heat Things Up Inside the Bedroom
When was the last time you sat down and had a real conversation with your partner? It may not seem a lot but establishing good communication is one of the key factors in bringing back her sex drive.
In what way, you might ask.
Women are emotional creatures. This means you need to tap into her emotions first and make her feel secured before she takes off her clothes.
Here are some ideas to help you restore communication in the relationship and eventually, her sex drive:
- Schedule date nights regularly.
- Get couples massage at least once a month or give each other a massage at home.
- Write love letters to each other.
- Designate a specific time where you can just sit down and talk to each other.
- Enroll in classes to learn something new.
- Plan a getaway, just the two of you.
These tricks may be simple, but believe it or not, it could do a lot in helping you re-build your relationship and her sex drive too.
9. The Benefits of Setting Aside Some Time for Sex to Address Low Libido in Women
Now that you finally spent some time together, it’s time to add this in your calendar: sex or intimacy.
Most couples feel that they don’t have time for sex, coming up with tons of excuses to skip this activity. Your day-to-day responsibilities often get in the way and for women, the last thing they want to do is to simply lie down and get some rest.
This is why it is important to set aside time for sex.
Fine, you lose the spontaneity, but scheduling your intimate sessions allows you and your partner to spend time together. This is also a good opportunity to interact with each other sexually and bring back the closeness that was once lost.
Does this mean you should always go out on date nights? That depends on you. The important thing is to schedule sex nights and you will be surprised with how it can help bring the spark back in the bedroom.
Do you struggle in the bedroom, too? If so, talk to your doctor about trying a male supplement like VigRX Plus or ProSolution male enhancement pills.
10. Spice Up Your Sex Life with These Amazing Ideas Worth Trying
Whether you are in the getting to know stage or in a long term relationship, it is important to introduce something new both in and out of the bedroom to improve your sex life. You and your girl probably did the craziest, most outrageous things inside the bedroom, so what else can you do?
Check out these ideas to help spice up your sex life:
- Have sex anywhere outside of the bedroom.
- Introduce new positions every week during your sex nights.
- Try shopping in adult stores.
- Consider lunch-hour quickies.
- Have a no-phone policy every time you two are together.
- Watch porn movies together.
- Leave love notes for each other.
- Go and have some crazy adventures together.
- Kiss often, which includes every morning and at night.
- Establish sexy codes and use it every time you are in the mood.
Who says sex should be predictable?
11. No Libido, No Problem: Just Include Exercise in Your Daily Routine
There are various reasons why exercise is a must in everyone’s routine. It helps you stay on shape, gets rid of excess pounds, encourages better muscle strength, and boosts your endurance inside the bedroom.
Did you know that exercise can also help in bringing back your partner’s sex drive?
The truth is exercise provides positive effect on women’s sex drive. Exercise helps in boosting one’s sexual performance, including better flexibility and improved blood flow to your genital area. Aside from this, exercise helps in improving one’s body image, a crucial characteristic in making a woman sexy. The more comfortable she is with her body, the more relaxed she is and easier for her to get aroused.
Here’s the surprising part: exercise helps in boosting testosterone levels in women. Women need T too to elevate their mood and increase sexual arousal. Exercise could be a good way to bond as well, so choose an activity that the two of you will enjoy. Make sure to stick to it for best result.
12. Help Each Other Ditch the Bad Habits for Better Sex Life
You might think that sex is just an activity you do with your girl to reach orgasm and achieve pleasure. Apparently, it takes more than just the in-and-out motion to make sex a memorable and pleasurable experience. With the tips mentioned above, one thing is for sure: your lifestyle – and hers as well – affects your ability to get aroused.
Therefore, here are some of the habits you and your partner should break to enjoy sex as much as you can:
- Sleeping beside your phone, iPad, and other electronic gadgets.
- Drinking too much alcohol.
- Allowing your pets to sleep with you on the bed, regardless of how clean and groomed they are.
- Skipping gym time.
- Forgetting about wearing something sexy and enticing.
- Eating either too late or too much.
- Body-shaming each other.
These habits may not be directly related to sex drive, but letting them go could help a lot in improving you and your girl’s libido. Go ahead and try letting them go, one habit at a time.
13. The Positive Effects of Homeopathy in Boosting Female Sexual Desire
There are many natural remedies to help address low libido in women. One of this is homeopathy.
Homeopathy is a natural form of medicine that helps in treating acute and chronic conditions. It follows the principle, “like cures like,” which means when you take something in small amounts, it can cure the same symptoms it caused when taken in large amounts.
How does homeopathy for low sex drive works?
Homeopathic treatments for reduced sex drive are hormone-based. This means your partner will be asked to take certain medications to address discrepancies in her hormone levels. She can take over-the-counter solutions to help improve her sex drive.
Apart from this, here are other homeopathic tricks you and your girl can try to give your libido a boost:
- Quit smoking.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
- Always go for a healthy, balanced diet.
- Avoid using or taking prohibited drugs.
- Encourage each other to be honest about sexual dysfunction.
- Meditate often to prevent stress
Give it a try and see if it will work. Otherwise, there are few more tricks available that will help your girl get her groove back in the bedroom, so stick around and read until the end. .
14. Don’t Underestimate the Power and Benefits of Sex Therapy in Boosting Each Other’s Sex Life
Admit it. Seeing a sex therapist might be the last thing on your list when it comes to improving your sex life. Believe it or not, sex therapy can do so much to help you and your girl get back to Sex Land.
What exactly is the role of sex therapists?
From their label itself, sex therapists are there to help you address any sexual-related issues. It could range from lack of desire, pain during sex, inability to or difficulty in achieving orgasm, or inability to have penetrative sex among others.
During your session, it is important to disclose all possible information to help her identify the appropriate treatment for you. At the same time, this gives your therapist a better understanding of what is going on in your sex life. Once she identified the possible culprits, your therapist will provide medications or certain exercises to help you improve your sex life, whichever is applicable.
Don’t worry. Information is strictly confidential. This is also why it is important to choose a sex therapist wisely and find someone you can talk to comfortably.
15. Vaginal Estrogen: Another Key Factor in Boosting Your Partner’s Sex Drive
Oftentimes, you will need some help from medications to give you and your partner’s sex drive a boost.
Take the case of vaginal estrogen.
Estrogens are crucial components in women’s body. This hormone is responsible for developing and maintaining female sexual organs, including regulating sex drive. When your partner has not enough estrogen in her body, it could lead to the following instances:
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Constant urge to pee
- Pain during urination
Taken orally or applied topically, vaginal estrogen treatments are absorbed directly into the bloodstream to address depleting levels of estrogen in the body. Just make sure you’ll consult a doctor about this since vaginal estrogen is only available by prescription.
16. Yes, It Is Possible: Testosterone Therapy for Women to Address Low Sex Drive
Apart from estrogen, women also need testosterone to get their libido up and running.
Here’s the thing: the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or FDA has not approved testosterone for treating sexual issues in women. Nonetheless and with the approval of your doctor, testosterone can be an experimental treatment to help a woman improve her sexual interest, satisfaction, and arousal.
Does this mean all women should take some T? Not all. Women with low androgen levels will benefit from testosterone therapy, but if your partner is pregnant, suffering from breast or uterine cancer, has high cholesterol or heart disease, then consider other options to improve sex drive.
17. Check the Medicine Cabinet and Look for Drugs that are Causing Problems Inside the Bedroom
If your partner is not in the mood all the time, then you might want to check your partner’s medicine cabinet. Here are some of the medications that could cause lack of sex drive in women:
- Birth control pills
- Prescription pain medications
- Anti-seizure drugs
- Medications for blood pressure
These medications may be helpful in managing the symptoms of their respective conditions they aim to treat.
Here’s the catch: it could affect your partner’s sex drive in a negative way.
If removing these medications is impossible, then at least looking for alternatives or changing medications could help. This way, you could prevent the lack of libido that is taking a toll in your sex life.
The next time your partner is having problems inside the bedroom, take note of these 17 tips on how to increase low sex drive in women. She will thank you after and surely return the favor.